- Full Time
- Part Time
- Per Diem
- Assess and evaluate adults/adolescents experiencing symptoms of a behavioral health disorder.
- Analyze and evaluate patient data/information and test or examine findings to diagnose nature and extent of behavioral health disorder(s).
- Prescribe, and/or direct psychotherapeutic treatments or medication to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Collaborate with physicians, advance practice nurses, psychologists, social workers, nurses, or other professionals to discuss service plans and progress.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained via self-report, relatives, and other professionals.
- Counsel patients during appointments as necessary.
- Design/participate in the development of individualized service plans, using a variety of treatments.
- Examine or order laboratory or diagnostic tests for patients to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder.
- Advise and inform guardians, relatives, and significant others of patient’s conditions and treatment when clinically appropriate.
- Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists and medical professionals.
- Prepare and submit assessments, progress notes, reports and summaries to entities/agencies as required by organization where placed.
- Return calls and emails promptly (within 24 hours of receipt or sooner if clinically necessary).
- Follow the chain of command at the organization where placed (e.g. clinical issues should be brought to the attention of the placement organization’s medical director etc.)
- Abide by the policies and procedures of the organization where placed.
- Graduation from a program specializing in a psychiatry/mental health;
- ANCC certification in one of the following areas:
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- An unrestricted DEA registration in each state where direct services will be provided;
- A state-issued Controlled Substance Registration (CSR) in each state where direct services will be provided (if required by state);
- Registration with the state Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) in each state where direct services will be provided (if required by state);
- No suspension/exclusion/debarment from participation in federal health care programs (e.g. Medicare, Medicaid, SCHIP)