Provides non-licensed medical and scheduling support to medical providers in the care and treatment of patients.Conveys a positive image through excellent communications, customer service skills scheduling to support patients/families, and facility personnel. Acts as a liaison between patients and physicians when appropriate. Schedules initial and follow up appointments with patients and provides additional information to patients on an as needed basis to ensure continuity of care. Ensures compliance with established documentation requirements and assists with answering office telephones when needed.Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to deal with differing personalities on a daily basis as assistant to a medical professional and supervisor to administrative staff. Must have effective and professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
Education, Licenses, Certifications and Experience
- High School Diploma Preferred
- Medical Assistant with national certification or ability to receive within 60 days
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of insurance verification process
- Understanding of documentation required for physician appointments.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Skill in multi-tasking.
- Skill in customer service.
- Skill in computer hardware and software use.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, faculty, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to HIPAA and confidentiality policies.